|Job Title: Finance and Account Executive – Full Time
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Reports Directly To: Executive Director
|The role of the Finance and Accounting Executive oversees company wide support to all business units including business accounting, book-keeping, management reporting and internal audit.
Generally, they do not have direct responsibilities for selling or operations, but the role contributes to excellent financial visibility, quality customer financial relationships, tracking of receivables and payables, cashflow management and general financial health of the organization.
Key Roles and
- Prepare periodic financial reports for the organisation
- Oversee budget development, tracking and reporting
- Primary interface with banks, regulatory agencies and external auditors (e.g. FIRS, LIRS, etc.)
- Oversee internal financial processes and documentation
- Handle weekly financial reconciliations and internal audits.
- Take monthly stock of inventory, equipment, safe, bank credit facilities, etc.
- Develop and manage physical and online file systems
- Utilizes sage financial and google forms software systems to run databases, pay bills, track requests and produce near real-time accounts.
- Contacts individuals with delinquent accounts with the company.
- Calculates, prepares and issues documents related to accounts such as bills, invoices, inventory reports, account statements and other financial statements
- Code, total, batch, enter, verify and reconcile transactions such as accounts payable and receivable, payroll, purchase orders, cheques, invoices, cheque requisitions, and bank statements
- Compile budget data and documents based on estimated revenues and expenses and align with previous budgets and constraints
- Stay current with all regulations, practices, tax laws, reporting requirements and industry trends.
Key Performance Indicators
- Timely capture of all organisation financial records on Sage
- Timely and appropriate filing of all physical financial records and documentation
- Accuracy of financial records and reconciliation
- Timeliness of obtaining tax clearance and other statutory compliance (TCC, LIRS, etc)
- No of finance and policy-based trainings (online/physical) delivered internally per quarter
- Adherence to quality assurance and finance policies
- Ability to work effectively with team members towards meeting company objectives
- Accuracy and timeliness of reporting to Management Team and Board of Directors
- Accuracy and timeliness of weekly, monthly, quarterly and end of year financial reports
Required Skills and Competencies
- A first degree in Accounting with requisite professional certifications
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in office productivity tools including ERP and Sage
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- High level of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Ability to adapt and learn and lead accounting functionality on new software projects
- Ability to interpret and implement company policies and procedure
- Open to direction and collaborative work style and commitment to get the job done
- Ability to efficiently work at a fast pace in a diverse environment